Friday, August 6, 2010

I used to walk wherever I went

I used to walk wherever I went
Foot in splint, I now walk to the fridge (if that)
I'll say bridge, even if just for rhyming's sake
This is fake, has been since I started
If you now expect the word "farted", you were right
This peom's my plight, it is self-perpetuating
(It exists to exhaust my desire to create), no that doesn't rhyme
No purpose this time, no greater meaning
No deep (or shallow) expression for gleaning, no ideas
It just is, its creator saw no purpose and therefore it must not matter

But now it matters, 'cause you probably think this is some sort of expression of how life is nothingness
Now there's chatter because you think it's an allegory (that may not be the right word but I used it nonetheless)

(Do you honestly think that this is what I think or do you think this because deep down in your subconscious you agree with it
Or perhaps you desire that I think this is what you think that way you can share your thoughts with others that think I think that I have a problem with you and am expressing a deep-seated emotional twist)

That's not true, well, now it kind of is
There's now a fizz, an expression of some sort of deep-seated emotion
Now there's commotion, because I'm paranoid
I'm worried it's destroyed, I'm worried it's a joke played at my expense
But there's this God making it all make sense, and I'm not really worried just sad sometimes
Because they're chimes, quietly clanging together every lie they were told
"We're not that old" is not an excuse
But there's no use, you've decided that I'm a fiend and I have decided to love you with tear-soaked cheeks


1 comment: