Monday, August 9, 2010

Well titled, we'll title it 'Titlest'

Oh my, what an unfortunate little cion
Happy of its new home, yet dangerously depraved since it left it's first
Depriving itself of a shoulder to cry on
And eternally hopeful that an unfulfilling sin will satisfy its thirst

And I'm watching a crow, a sparrow and a pigeon
Fighting over a hole in the parking lot, filled with water
They leave the bath clean but in the same condition
Like a flock out the gate, divided over devils' fodder

You drowned out your truth in the sound of the sea
Traded your devotion for desire next to the flame
You were never much for oceans until you made this new castle
Nor did you ever burn all your wood at once just to sit far from the blame

A desperate host scared to death of it's symptoms (yet giving no thought to the virus)
Take a deep breath little one, we'll soon find your way
We'll say hello to an old friend
You might even find the cure in the faithful's gentle sway

I'm not too concerned about the mud under your fingernails
Or the grime on your skin
I'm worried about the heart you say you lost
I know its there, I've seen it break and I'll see it again

I walk quietly and carefully to the waters edge
I hold a mirror high in hopes to guide you home
May the light's reflection pull you from your ledge
May you heed the call of God, drawing you from where you roam





No comments:

Post a Comment